Thursday 13 August 2015

WHAT WENT WELL WITH ME AS A TEACHER

WHAT WENT WELL WITH ME AS A TEACHER

Shared by Rev. Sr. Roshini DBS :  DVK Student
Memory of the experience – 2003
Place : Balaghat in Nagpur Arch diocese.

Share your Joyful experience to all and all to Joy….
Don’t give the fish to eat it will quench their hungry for a day but tech them to fish they can eat for all through their life ……

I would like to share a small inspiration that I received from God and because of which a tiny shoot has grown so well and is producing much fruit today. I give all the credit to my Jesus who is the reason behind all the good that I do.

It was in 2003 when I began my noble profession of teaching as an elementary teacher in St. Mary’s English Medium School at Balaghat in Nagpur Arch diocese.  I was really excited to be with tiny shoots of Slandered first. I was a full time teacher, friend, sister and mother to my 27 students. I always cherished their presence, company, endless doubts, innocence etc. The school was in its infancy stage and the people of that locality for the first saw the nuns in religious habits. In the beginning we were strangers in a foreign land but soon people became friendly with us as we began to visit the families of our students.

There was a little girl named Gunjan in LKG. She was dropped in the school by her father and elder sister Nayana. Gunjan was not very interested to come to school and hence Nayana accompanied her daily. Nayana was studying in Standard 2nd in a private Hindi Medium School. One day Nayana expressed her desire to father that she would like to study in our school but her father was not very interested as he knew that she was from Hindi back ground and so there was very little possibility for her admission. That day morning also Nayana requested her father to make enquiry about her admission in our school but her father did not pay any attention to her request. She was unwilling to go out of the school and her father forcefully took her out of the school gate. She caught hold of the school gate and began to cry saying ‘I don’t want to study and if at all I study I will be studying in this school.’ Her father tried to put her in the vehicle and she cried louder and louder. Finally her father went to meet sister principal and discussed about her admission. Nayana was given a test to get to know her basic learning. She could not write even English alphabets clearly. So sister had to say ‘no’ to her father. Nayana then refused to leave the school. Sister then called me to the office and asked ‘what can we do for this child?’
She explained to me about the basic learning of Nayana. Seeing her interest to study in our school, I suggested’ if Nayana can come to the school at 8.00 am, I am ready to teach her an hour.’ Her father agreed to leave her in the school at the prescribed time. She had lot of interest in learning and learned English alphabets within a week. In the following week she was enrolled to Std 1st . I continued to spend an hour with her for the entire one year. After six months, she began to compete with other students of her class. At the end of the first year she stood in the second position. In the following year, her parents were the channels of new admission to the school. She continued to study well and in the 10th  Std Board Exam she secured the highest mark in mathematics in the school. Nayana and her parents are extremely grateful to God, school and sisters for being given her an opportunity to study in our school. I thank God for making me an instrument to discover the hidden talents in the life of a little girl.

Along with psalmist, I pray “I will proclaim your greatness, my God and king; I will thank you forever and ever” (Ps: 145:1). 



   Thank you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment