Sunday 30 August 2015

I chose you before I gave you life






I chose you before I gave you life…





When I was a small girl I used to see priests and nuns coming to my village in white dress and I really admired them a lot and I use to think that they were angels sent down directly from heaven. I had a great desire to become like them. As the days went by I expressed my desire to my parents that I too want to become a nun. In the beginning  they were not  willing to accept my wish but My daddy just told me, “let us see…” Till I reach class ten, I was the eldest and the only girl child in my family other than my six younger brothers. But my desire continued to grow deep within me each day and my only prayer and desire was to have one more girl child in my family so that my parents would allow me to become a religious nun. When I was in class 10th , the first miracle happened that my younger sister was born on June 12. God has blessed my family with one more girl child as I desired to follow Jesus. After that my parents gave me their consent to join the convent.

                               
   The beginning of my formation…

I was very happy and adjustable during my formation.  When I reached postulancy I was attacked by Malaria (13 times).  I was so discouraged to go ahead in my formation but my provincial and batch mates were so supportive and encouraged me to go forward. So I remained back. I believe that God comes to our help through different persons at the right time. After the Petulancy and before entering to Novitiate we were sent for community experience for 4 months. I too went for community experience to one of the communities. The first two months I was suffering from Malaria. I thought to myself, “I have no vocation, I better go back.” After the recovering from Malaria, I went and told my superior that I would better go home, since I am getting sick often. But my superior was so good and I can never forget her kind words. She looked at me and told gently “my dear child, this is your house; we all are your sisters. We don’t want to send you back. We will take care of you and you will be alright.” Though she told me many good things, deep within me I was sad and confused. Whenever I visited the chapel I looked at the crucifix and uttered these words “Lord if you really have called me to this life, please heal me completely; otherwise I would go back home.”  Believe me or not, from that day onwards I never suffered from malaria. Praise the Lord!
Another miracle in the Novitiate

We had a field near our convent. During plantation my right leg was pricked by a thorn. My friends tried to take out the thorn from my leg but could not succeed. Next day my leg was a bit swollen and was filled with pus. I tried different medicines but instead of getting better the wound was becoming worst. I suffered for three months. One day while I was cleaning the library I saw on the table a booklet about Rose of Carmel (St Euphrasia). I just opened it and I saw on the back side of the book, a small prayer and the favours received through her intercession. I was so inspired as I read through. Then I just got a thought, “people are getting healed by praying the novena. Why can’t I try?” From that day I began to recite the novena. In the beginning I just recited the novena without much attention and faith. In the mean time my superior asked the vehicle from the parish priest to take me to hospital. Since the vehicle was taken for repair and would be back only after three days, the parish priest told us to go to the hospital after 3days. I continued my novena. The first day… second day… and the third day.  Nothing happened but when the fourth day came I felt something different. I didn’t feel any pain on my leg but I was afraid to look at the wounds because each day the wound was getting deeper and worst. And the fifth day i.e. Friday!  After finishing the supper, the community sisters forgathered for recreation. All my sisters were teasing me that I was going to get a new leg... That time my superior told me that parish priest had agreed to give vehicle on Saturday. As usual I smiled and told them that I don’t feel pain anymore. So they told me to show the leg, I just lifted my right leg and showed to them. They were so surprised that the wound had vanished from my leg. I was also confused, “Which of my legs had the wound?” So I showed them both the legs. Nothing was seen on my legs, not even a scar! It was really a miracle.  How powerful our God is! Thanks be to God that I was completely healed through the intercession of St Euphrasia. All of us were amazed and praised God for the healing touch that I experienced. Dear friends, I share with you the healing touch that I have experienced so that you may join with me in thanking the Lord that our faith in Him may be strengthened and my joy may be complete.



Shared by Rev. SR. GENEVIEVE




No comments:

Post a Comment