Saturday 29 August 2015

LET US LISTEN TO OUR INNER VOICE

LET US LISTEN TO OUR INNER VOICE


I was the class teacher of the 10th for section A the specialty of this section was that it had the smartest pupil of the whole school. The students of this section used to secure the best results in the academic field, consequently they were in the good records of the most of the teachers. One day the head master informed me that Jithin a boy of class 10 belonging to different section was shifted to the section to which I was the in charge. He was smart and handsome and the other students were bit disappointed with the arrival of the Jithin to the section A.
The following Monday I received a written complaint from the class about Jithin. Besides some of the students personally met me and shared with me that Jithin’ s character is not good, quarrel- some, drug addict and soon and so forth. Listening to those complaints and stories shared by some of the students about Jithin I was bit worried and said to myself what should I do? And how should i help him in the best way possible to come out of all these and live a better life. As I was pondering I heard a voice from the depth of my heart calling me to guide and mentor Jithin.The voice further gave me the assurance to empower me in guiding Jithin. Again I had heard a voice saying Jithin is that of mine and I shall work through you to make him as that of my instrument.
After gathering of the strength, as usual I began the class, after a while I called Jithin and told him to go and meet a particular teacher. Meanwhile, I began to motivate the rest of the students saying that we all need to help Jithin to set his life right. Further I told them that he comes from the broken family. His father was a drunkard and quarrel some. Jithin had a brother who was younger ten years younger to and he experiences that the parents show much love to the younger and while neglecting Jithin.Therefore, we should love him and need to help him so that he may secure the good results in the exam. Thus I urged my students to be compassionate toward Jithin. In the course of time I noticed Jithin being hyperactive. Therefore with the consent of his parents I sent him to the psychiatrist and he began to show much improvement in his conduct.
It was the fare well for the batch of Jithin and he wanted to talk during the programme but he was denied of the chance. He then approached the head master and he gave him the opportunity to talk. We were all anxious to listen to him, as he started to speak he expressed his gratitude to all those who had helped him to reach to that stage in his life.Tears began to roll down from the eyes of many. In a very special manner he mentioned my name in gratitude and praise. He bent over my feet expressing the gratitude for becoming an instrument in his life and asked me to bless him. I always cherish this incident in my life for having helped someone to find the right path and that satisfies me more than anything.

 By REV. SR. JOLLY
DVK STUDENT

No comments:

Post a Comment