Monday 31 August 2015

A THORN IN MY FLESH






                                                                                                                  made me to 

discover my

 precious life

Do not lose heart, even if you should discover that you lack qualities necessary for the work to which you are called. He who called you will not desert you, but the moment you are in need he will stretch out his saving hand.   -Saint Angela Merici
As all we know that India is surrounded by the sea and the land, I too had the gift of b

Do not lose heart, even if you should discover that you lack 

qualities necessary for the work to which you are called.

 He who called you will not desert you, but the moment you are in need 

He  will stretch out his saving hand.  

-Saint Angela Merici



           As all we know that India is surrounded by the sea and the land, I too had the gift of being born in a village where it is located amidst the green pastures and totally surrounded by the mountains and followed by the forest. Being with my family members I am very much excited and given much freedom in order to move throughout the village to enjoy the nature. So I used to walk miles a day to feel part with the nature but I was not at all worrying about anything about my future.  I am the eldest one in my family. I am very lean and thin in my family. We had lot of cattle’s and cows in the house. I used to wonder even in that place, I find many were going out of my village for quite long years and coming back as priests and nuns. I had a soft corner for these priests and nuns, as they were away from the family and being alone. I did not understand at all. I felt strange and started to think why they are away from the family. I am very keen to know the things so I asked my relative and She said that it is a call from God.

     To discover a call within myself is very difficult, because, I am small in age and I did not understand at that time, so I left it. Again I started to live my normal life and helped my parents to feed the cattle and the cow. It was my routine life soon after the school, going to the fields and helping my parents. Once my mother was sick, I have no other go than going for a forest to collect firewood.  It was in the evening, nobody was with me, I am scared so I rushed myself to collect and made it a bundle, carried on my head, I was moving towards my house.  That time as I was hurrying myself, without seeing down I stamped my leg on a thorn, which entered through the sandal into my foot. It was so painful and my leg is bleeding and I was left alone and nobody was there. Cried like anything because I was not able to remove the sandal from my leg since it was stabbed. Cried and cried for long time and I calmed down myself, started praying and I thought about God, Mother Mary and all the saints. Unknowingly, I said within my heart, God if you save me then I will give my life to you. I could not believe with my own eyes, there came a person whom I was not seen before, without asking anything, saw my leg, removed a thorn. Miraculously, I walked to my home back with a bundle of wood and I knelt down I prayed, thanked and discovered my precious life. I understood that God comes to us in every little ways possible. It is up to us to discover him. I believe it was God who came to me in the form of a human being. My heart is filled with attitude of gratitude to him now and forever to be with him in all throughout my life journey and to do his mission on this beautiful earth.



No comments:

Post a Comment