Tuesday 25 August 2015

In Everything God Works for Our Good…

On a fine sunny morning, a few youth leaders came to our school to ask permission to conduct a National Youth Meeting in our school ground. The meeting was to be conducted on a school working day and I didn’t yield to their request but there was a lot of pressure on me from all sides to grant them permission. Though unwilling, I had to consent to their request at the end.
From the time I said “yes”, I started to experience a kind of disturbance in my mind that clearly revealed to me that I have taken a wrong decision. The meeting was to be conducted on the next day and in no way I could tell them to find another alternative venue for the meeting.
I knew for sure that the meeting would disturb the students during their classes and if anything goes wrong during the meeting, it would affect the reputation of the school and I will be held responsible for the entire situation. I placed many demands before the youth committee for the smooth conduct of the meeting and the youth obliged to all my demands. The youth committee was supposed to get ready the ground only after the school commenced at 9am, the next morning.
I was so restless about the meeting that I explained to my community the entire episode. I said, “If this is my selfish intention that the meeting should not take place, let the meeting be conducted but if it is not God’s will that the meeting should be in our school, let there be a heavy shower in the morning so that they may be compelled to call off the meeting.” And we all prayed that God’s would be done in our lives.
I went to bed with a disturbed mind but with a prayer in my heart, “Let your will be done”. It was the patter of the rain that woke me up around 4 o clock in the morning. It was summer and there was no chance of rain. I couldn’t believe that it was raining. I got out of my room and Lo and behold! It was raining cats and dogs. I raised my heart to God in thanksgiving. It rained heavily for two and half hours and the school ground looked like a big lake. Students had to wade through the waters to go to their respective classes.
The youth leaders came in the morning and inspected the ground and found that in no way the meeting could be conducted in our ground. I just remained silent while they were discussing and rescheduling their programme. At the end of the discussion, they called off their meeting and I was greatly relieved.

I sat quietly in our chapel pondering over the whole episode. The decision that I made was not in accordance with His plan. But He saw the helplessness of His daughter and came to her assistance. When I took a wrong path, He let it known to me and came to my rescue. I believe that it was our inner disposition and desire for the will of God to be done in our lives made the miracle to happen on that day of God experience for me and my community. Yes, “In all things God works for the good with those who love Him” (Rom 8:28) and we can find Him everywhere and in every experience of ours, provided we look for Him.

           Shared by Biji Philip MSI
                                

      Shared by Biji Philip MSI

No comments:

Post a Comment