Thursday 20 August 2015

THE MEANING OF MY CALL AND EXPERIENCE OF GOD'S BLESSINGS







“What so ever you do to the least of my children you do unto me…”


It were my soul’s desire to see the face of God;
It were my soul’s desire to imitate my king.
It were my soul’s desire, His endless praise to sing.
It were my soul’s desire when heaven gate is won,
To find my soul’s desire clear, shining, like the sun.

Let me share my mission experience where I energerized by the blessing of God. As soon as after my first profession I was send to the community in Karunai Illam, Chennai where the differently abled children’s are taken care. Though it was my first experience I did well. I used to carry them to school as well as to the church and help them whichever way I can. I could say that those moments are great and a blessing call which I received from above. I felt that was the best mission and a wonderful unique experience for me I could see God in them in my daily living. I felt contented and experience inner joy within me.

Here I would like to share one incident: 

In this particular place very often cultural programme is given by the differently abled children. Though they cannot stand but they stood on the floor and danced. All the sisters are actively involved to help them out. Once It happen, among them one of the boys I notice whenever I give dance practice he don’t come telling that he is not able to dance well like others. But I encourage him to come and learn the dance and I assure my readiness to teach him. Beginning he was just doing out of my compulsion but as the days goes by I could see the improvement taking place in his movement and happiness in his face. Every day I try to give him positive stroke telling that he can dance. When the real cultural day came he performed so well better than the other children, everyone was surprised and appreciated him. After the cultural programme I too went and told him that he did so well. In return he looks at me and said sister it is because of you only I am able to dance. I am so thankful to you, “Thank you sister”. This experience helps me to find meaning in my call and see His face in everyone.

Bloom like a sweet smelling lily, and send your fragrance into the air like incense”  (Sir 39:14a)
                                                                                                      

                             By Sr. Mary Shybi 

No comments:

Post a Comment