Friday 14 August 2015

A MEETING OF GOOD SAMARITAN IN MY LIFE


A MEETING OF GOOD SAMARITAN IN MY LIFE

A good Samaritan is a person 
who sees the need
and takes the time to help out 
with many a kind helpful deed
S/he doesn't turn his/her head the other way 
and act like s/he doesn't see
but will work all day for the poor and needy 
and not even charge a fee
The good Samaritan is willing 
to go the extra mile 
even to help someone in his / her society
with a cheerful smile
The good Samaritan's payday will be 
with treasures laid up in heaven
as our heavenly father remembers 
all the things to him s/he has given.



 so the same experience  and act of an ordinary person's is narrated by a catholic priest
 
by Rev. Fr. Thambi Joseph OSFS. 

                         So dear friendsLet read and do the same to receive our reward in heaven.



It was on 22nd January 2014 around 6.00 pm I was going to a village for a prayer meeting. As I reached almost at the middle of my journey to that village I had happened to see number of workers returning from the fields to the village. As I went further I could see an old man chasing a cow which was about to enter into his field that was ready to reap. The old man began to chase the cow, it started running towards me and I lost control of myself and had fallen down from the bike. After a while I got up and began to collect the books that had dispersed from the bike and was struggling to start the bike but all was in vain. In fact I was in a hurry to go, and meanwhile a young man of 23 years old was passing by with a bundle of firewood on his head, upon seeing the condition in which I was he had stopped and in a hurry walked towards me and inquired me if everything was well with me and I replied that everything was of fine. The young man dropped down his bundle of fire wood there on that spot and with the towel that he had he wiped away the small bleeding wound. Thereafter he started the bike and helped me to sit on the bike and took me to his home. Upon reaching his home he had cleaned the wound that was bleeding and gave me some water to drink and asked me to take some rest at his home, but I said that I need to go. He then got ready himself to come with me to that village; he accompanied me and was with me all throughout my service there. As we were returning from the service I did ask that young man what about his bundle of fire wood left there, and he answered me in this way, father, my daddy used to tell me nothing is more important than human life. Therefore the bundle of firewood is not more important than intervening in your life for me at that moment.
Since then, I began to look at my life and the life of the others as the best gift of God. I am ready to dropdown anything that hinders me in protecting the gift of life.

welcome to share your commends to vinayawww@gmail.com  
THANK YOU!   

No comments:

Post a Comment