Monday 17 August 2015

An Unforgettable Journey…

An Unforgettable Journey…



This is one of the most unforgettable and unique experiences in my life which is ever alive in me.
Once my grandfather came and took both me and my younger sister to his house and after two days my sister cried a lot to return to our home. Unfortunately nobody could reach us home. Therefore, he put us in the bus entrusting us to the care of a gentle and pious middle aged teacher. It happened that the bus after going to some distance stopped in middle of the way and could not proceed further due to some problem. There we could find neither a house, water nor any refuge. In those days there was no possibility of communication through mobile but somehow my grandparents came to know about it and they were worried a lot. We both the sisters began to cry, did not know what to do, where to go, how to go and whom to trust because all were strangers to us .We were  lost in middle of the road without seeing our destination. Either could we walk longer distance since we were small or anybody could carry us, because all the passengers were in same condition. There was no possibility to get another bus for some distance therefore, we had to walk. Deep within I was frightened and anxious, and I surrendered all of us specially my sister in the loving hands of the Lord through the intercession of St. Christopher the patron saint for a safe journey. I awe my sincere gratitude to that gentle, faithful, trust worthy, simple and humble teacher who became our refuge on that memorable day. I remember the teacher telling to us, do not cry, don’t worry and don’t be afraid. See I am your father, I will take care of you and above all God will take care of us all. If we reach early and can catch the bus, I will reach you home if not I will take to my home and next day I will reach you home. He took care of us in every way even carried my sister and walked a long distance. In the same day my father was coming to take us back home, he was waiting for the bus but did not know the incident. He was wondering why the bus was delaying. By the grace of God we reached to a place where we got the bus and that teacher was coming to reach us home and my papa was waiting for the bus. And as we got down from the bus we met our papa and there was an outburst of joyful cry which cannot be explained.
I ever remain grateful that simple and faithful teacher who taught me not the lesson from books but a great lesson from his very life example to be sensitive to the needs of the helpless and hopeless brethren specially the little children.

By Sr.Rina Nayak SCCG

1 comment: