Thursday 27 August 2015

GRABBING RUSTS OUR LIFE: THE LESSON OF A GARDNER

GRABBING RUSTS OUR LIFE: THE LESSON OF A GARDNER

 One day I was going on my bike to a village to offer the mass, the road I was travelling was not in a good condition the bike started to jump up and down. However I reached the  village and wanted to switch off my mobile before I start the celebration. I just put the  hands into the pocket of my cassock intending to take the phone and switch it off. But I  found that the phone missing then I thought that I might have left it in my room and I will surely find it when I reach the parish house. After having finished all my programmes I  reached the parish house by 4.00 pm and enquired the cook and the trustee if they had  seen my phone and they replied that they had not seen then  I began to suspect that it  might had slipped away  from my pocket. Then I made a call to my phone and to my  surprise it was ringing but nobody attended the call. I got disheartened and lost hope of  getting it back. But again I made a call this time the phone was attended by one person on the other side the voice sounded that of an elderly person and he asked me who it was? And I replied to him sir, this phone is that of mine and I lost it morning as I was going that way and I wanted to get it back. The man said to me in a very plain way if it is yours please come and collect it and he gave me some traces of the place. And he asked me to come within ten minutes since he was about leave that spot. Then I asked him how could I trace him upon my reaching there, he said that it would be easy. In a hurry I took my bike started towards that place on a high speed to reach the place before that man leaves that place. But I was too late and lost hope of reaching that place. Upon my reaching the place I found so many people standing on the same spot to which I was told to come, and I was hesitant to approach any of them, and I stood there with a disappointed heart.Meanwhile, a person from the crowd came toward me and asked if I were the person made a call asking for the lost phone. Then I said it was me but I do not know whom to approach and who has got it and immediately the man replied it’s me who has got that phone. And immediately he took out the phone from his pocket and at once kept it in my hands. I felt very grateful to him and before receiving I said thanks to him but the man told me  sir  why do you thank me  in fact you got back what is yours.  And what profit would I get if I have your phone with me. The man told me that the attitude of  grabbing rusts our life and character,desiring what is not ours would only danger our life.  And the man said that he had learned to be content with what he has and to my surprise  that man was a simple gardener.


Shared by Rev. Fr. Abi 
DVK Student - Bangalore


No comments:

Post a Comment