Saturday 15 August 2015

Forgiveness Does Wonders





Forgiveness Does Wonders

FORGIVE AND FORGET

To forgive is the highest, most beautiful form of love. In return, you will receive untold peace and happiness.” (Robert Muller)  Yes, the forgiveness takes time, it is sweet to hear other’s testimony, and it is easy to speak on forgiveness to others but I would say it is very hard to practice or live the word F O R G I V E N E S S in one’s life. But once we succeed to make this word as part of our flesh it brings the untold peace and happiness.
It is said that ‘to forgive is to set a prisoner free, and realize that the prisoner was you.’ Yes, there was a time in my life when I was prisoner to myself almost for one month. During those days I experienced complete darkness in and around me. I could not pray, could not smile at the people, no friends were found around me, and I felt completely cut off from the relationship with my other companions. The story of my break down began with a small incident which mounted so high. Once my friend A and I decided to write a letter to one of our friends B. Without thinking anything I wrote the letter first in the inland and left the space for A to write below where I had written. She didn’t like it.  She told me that since she was elder, I could have asked her to write first. The issue is very simple when we look through simple eye. Because there was nothing wrong, and the person B was the friend of both of us.
Thereafter I began my experience of imprisonment for one month. As a result my friend A went away from my friendship. She stopped talking to me, started publicly insulting me and what not, we had to go to college together but she never called or waited for me. We had to come back together from college, but she never opened her mouth to convey any message, like what and where she was going. But I just followed her wherever she went, like a dog who follows its master. I went behind her, just to hide from others that we had some difficulties among us. I tried my best to speak to her, I asked pardon from her a number of times and I prayed with tears to reunite our broken relationship. But nothing happened…even during Holy Mass, she stopped exchanging peace with me. I could observe, with other members she talked so happily right in front of my eyes but she behaved just opposite to me. Day by day my friend was going away from me. But my Lord was with me, I believe because I did not lose heart, and I tried to bring her close to me by asking sorry to her. But in return I got only shouting. She said- “if you ask sorry then will your mistake be removed from you, and after asking pardon will you be like saints or angels who will never commit the same mistakes again? Please go away from me, I don’t believe in people asking sorry.” I became speechless and broke down into tears. On the same night I went to a room closed the door and took a crucifix of the Lord in my hand and embraced it and told my Lord- “please Jesus now it is you who have to intervene in our lives…I have lost all my patience, again I cannot go in front of her. It is so painful when someone is away from my life because of my mistake.” Like a friend I shared all my feelings and struggles to My Beloved Lord and I got new hope and courage to face my friend and once again to ask pardon for my mistakes. This time I was convinced that she will speak with me.
On the next day I approached her and as usual said- my dear friend, I am so sorry for what I have done, please forgive me and pray for me so that I may not hurt others like this. I don’t have anything against you, but only one thing I beg from you, please let us reunite again and let us speak to each other instead of keeping silence. Praise the Lord! That day she spoke to me and we returned from the college very happily. From this experience I learned to humble myself, be persevering till the end and learned to be patient and wait for the Lord’s time. Thus the small word ‘Forgiveness’ did wonders in my life and freed me from my imprisonment. Now, my friend A and I have a very strong bond of relationship and we are continuing our relationships with renewed spirit. Thank and Praise you Lord for your steadfast love.

SR. JASMINE MARIA CMC


No comments:

Post a Comment